Friday, March 2, 2012

Lone Wolf by Jodi Picoult

I'm going to see one of my all-time favorite authors tonight, Jodi Picoult!  Regardless of her amazing writing ability, where she places her readers among tough circumstances and divergent community issues, she is a great speaker, a writing enthusiast and a grateful fan of her loyal readers.  The ease in which she reads to her audience and answers our questions is like talking with a good friend and is never short of entertaining.  I have fortunately had the opportunity to meet Picoult at several intervals throughout her writer career and she never ceases to impress, capture and ignite my thoughts.
Again, in conjunction with the Book Revue in Huntington, Jodi Picoult is introducing her newest title, Lone Wolf.  She will be speaking at Huntington High School at 7pm.  I will sit through a wonderful reading, a question and answer session and stand in line to say hi to her and have her sign her book.  Later I will curl up with it and begin.  Tomorrow I will wake up with a whole box of tissues scattered around and huge bags under my eyes form all the emotion she packs in to her character’s lives; I’ll be waiting for a decent hour to pass so I can call each of my book buddies and tell them they can’t miss this one either.

It is rare to find an author you enjoy each time they have a new book out.  Picoult is an exception.  She writes with a purpose, with intellect and experience and she writes for her readers to acknowledge, learn and question.

Looking forward to a long enjoyable night or reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment