Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Read what you want in 2012!!

HAPPY 2012!!!  This year my resolution is to read more of what I want to read.  As a former bookseller and now a librarian, I often get caught up in reading for other’s interests.  I read to guide those on what to read. I read to suggest to other what to read.  And I read to promote many of my favorite books and authors.  But a lot of book I have read to just say “I’ve read that” and the number one reason I read was to know what was out there in the often over packed and ever-growing world of books.

Last year I cannot tell you how many books of my own picking up and putting down.  Books that I so desperately wanted to read, but just couldn’t fit them in.  This year I am making a point, exercising my resolution, to read books of my choosing.

I am looking forward to relishing a year filled with some of my all-time favorite author and am  eager to devour titles that are just so fabulous from the moment you start then to the second you put them down.  Here are just a few titles I have lined up for 2012.  Please feel free to enjoy them with me!  Happy New Year and happy reading!

Growing Up Kind of Pretty by Joshilyn Jackson (release date: January 25, 2012)
Lone Wolf by Jodi Picoult (release date: February 28, 2012)
Some Assembly Required by Anne Lamott & Sam Lamott (release date: March 20, 2012)
Unquiet by John Connolly (release date: March 27, 2012)
Beginner’s Goodbye by Anne Tyler (release date: April 3, 2012)
In One Person by John Irving (release date: May 8, 2012)

A Grown-Up Kind of Pretty Lone Wolf Some Assembly Required: A Journal of My Son's First Son
The Unquiet (Charlie Parker Series #6) The Beginner's Goodbye In One Person

For more or follow up information please click on the book images and visit an author's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment